Europa-List: Re: Mogas storage

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mogas storage
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 08:10:09
In a message dated 5/1/2008 3:02:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
europa-list@matronics.com writes:

Just  some thoughts from a fellow who has been in "da o'l bidness" (as
they used to say in Louisiana) for 30+ years.

Hello Bob,

I spoke with an Amoco rep last fall about ethanol in their mogas.
Apparently, it's not yet mandatory everywhere in Tennessee, but is coming  very
soon.
They are apparently adding ethanol in the metro areas  first. I was alble to
find some out here in the sticks without ethanol. So,  I tanked up and now have

600 gallons of Amoco  93 (ethanol free) in the ground in my storage tanks.

I asked about storage and was told by this rep that mogas, specifically
Amoco 93, if kept temperature stable, i.e., in ground, will keep for 2+ years.
Is
there any truth to that or was he just trying to sell gas? We used a blend of
 Amoco 93 and 100LL in our tow planes for years and never had any storage
issues,  but that could be more related to the 100LL than the 93UL.

On another note, I made reservations yesterday at the lodge at Rough  River
for September 6th. If the chain don't break and the creek don't rise,  N245E
and I will be there.

Regards,

John  Lawton
Whitwell, TN (TN89)