Re: Europa-List: Exhaust Flange Crack

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Exhaust Flange Crack
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:54:09

Ira,

First, it was great seeing and speaking with you again an SNF.

Looks as if this may become own of those tank crack threads, as Baby
Blue suffered a separated pipe, half way back from SNF.  No real
problems encountered, save the noise and we landed within 30 miles, at
an airport that allowed us to work on her, on the ramp.  Pulled out the
old safety wire and pliers and made a couple of strong cables and wired
it into place.  Was enough to complete the trip without further
difficulties.  At any rate, I'll be looking for a replacement for the
912S pipe.  Anybody got a spare?

Jeff - Baby Blue
396 hrs