Europa-List: Re: CHTs everywhere

Subject: Europa-List: Re: CHTs everywhere
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:05:53

Hi Ira,

Because there is no factory data available for under spark plug temperatures, i
did compare those with the original Rotax probes in head 1 and 3, and came to
the 15 C higher outcome under normal loads. The spark plug sensors react much
faster then the rotax probes, which can be expected, thermocouples have a much
lower lag. The main reason for going this way however was to have an early
warning
available in case one of the barrels goes out of the normal. This, together
with 4 EGT probes gives a pretty good picture on what's going on. I did go
the expensive way, Rotax shroud. Which function is pretty much inhibited by
the standard openings as i am experiencing now. I will come back and report on
the next, closed eyes experiment. After all, this is an experimental!

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org