Re: Europa-List: Trike Main gear sockets

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trike Main gear sockets
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:18:43

Bob,

My recommendation is that you save your money.  My experience is that
the Michelin's last no longer than the standard McCreary 4 ply tire
supplied by Europa.   When I changed my mains, at 150 hours, I replaced
them with Michelin 6 ply 5.00x5s and began running 40psi pressure.
While I really liked the rigidity of the 6 ply tire and the vastly
improved ground handling, the tread wear was identical to the stock 4
ply tires (150 hours).  Upon changing them out at the 300 hour mark, I
switched back to McCreary, but went with the 6ply offering.  At almost
400 hours on the plane, tread wear seems to be in line with the other
tires, however I'm still enjoying the improved ground handling
characteristics of the Michelins and at about half the cost. I also
opted for one of the leak/air stop tubes (I don't remember the brand)
when I changed tires the first time.  Now I can go a full oil change
cycle without airing up the tires...

Hope this helps...

Jeff - Baby Blue - Headed to Sun'n'Fun this weekend...
380 hours