RE: Europa-List: Re: Trike Main gear sockets

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Trike Main gear sockets
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:05:46

Craig,

I don't know what your plans are regarding painting, but now is a good time
 to paint the inverted fuselage half, after you have
finished the sockets etc. It is ten times easier than waiting for completio
n. But if someone else is going to do the paint job
then just forget my suggestion. Also, Neville had suggested to re-inforce t
he exterior area aroundthe sockets with a
multiple layer of bid. I assumed that maybe an early Europa had developed c
racks in the skin from hard landings.

Karl

From: craigb@onthenet.com.auTo: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: RE: Europ
a-List: Re: Trike Main gear socketsDate: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 06:14:15 +1000

Thanks all for your input, as my cradle supports at 4 points, and it is nic
e and clear of the socket site I will proceed with the top off.

craig

-----Original Message-----From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com [mai
lto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com]On Behalf Of EuropaXSA276@aol.co
mSent: Monday, 24 March 2008 10:58 PMTo: europa-list@matronics.comSubject:
Re: Europa-List: Re: Trike Main gear sockets

Mine was about 40 hours of work with the top NOT bonded on! I cant imagine
attempting such a lay-up with the top on. I originally called Europa about
this. Andy said so long as you have a cradle with very good support there s
hould be no problem.
Lots of photos on this chapter in my little area of Europa Owners.
Brian Skelly
www.europaowners.org/BrianS

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List";>http://www.matronhr
ef="http://forums.matronics.com";>http://forums.matronics.com