Europa-List: Recommended oils and main gear leg sockets

Subject: Europa-List: Recommended oils and main gear leg sockets
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 07:47:00
Greetings team,

Can anybody provide a link to info about this change in approved oils? I
checked the Rotax Owners Group and didn't see anything new. I've been  running

Pennzoil 3888 motorcycle oil, as was recommended by Aeromot in the 912S  in my

Ximango. Any info is appreciated.

In regard to the main gear leg sockets, I fitted mine well before the top
went on. I deviated a bit from the Europa method of fitting the sockets,
however. I built my cradle with lower bracing between the front and  rear legs
that
was perfectly level with respect to the lower half  of the fuselage. Using a
piece of 2" steel angle iron attached crosswise on the  cradle, I fitted the
sockets using the gear legs, with the axle portion locked  into the steel angle

with "C" clamps. This put the axles level and even for the  fitting of the
sockets. The result is N245E tracks straight as an arrow on  pavement with no
tendency to veer one way or the other. I have also not noticed  any abnormal
tire

wear, but then again I mostly fly from grass. I  found it very handy to be
able to move the canoe around in the shop once it  was up on the gear, as
opposed to being locked in the cradle.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

John  Lawton