Europa-List: GRT EIS Question

Subject: Europa-List: GRT EIS Question
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:46:24

Hi Folks,

I finally flew with my newly installed Grand Rapids Model 2000 EIS.

All in all I like it - certainly a lot more info to interpret than I had
before (with needle position would show if anything was out of normal).
I am sure I will get used to it.

A few questions for those who have installed one also.

On initial power up the red light flashes and the oil pressure flashes
(not surprising as the engine is not yet started).

Selection of 'Ack' acknowleges the red light which remians on. Engine
starts up - but the red light stays on throughout the flight with no
further warnings or indication what might be the problem. Any ideas why
it is staying on?

I need to put in a VDO fuel pressure sensor as the system won't work
with my Mitchell one so the fuel pressure is wired but just reading
zero. Both Aux1 upper and lower limits are zero so I don't that is what
is causing the red light problem. I do not have a manifold pressure
sensor so have not wired that.

CHT2 (right rear cylinder) reads 60 deg F (ambient today) but never gets
above 80 deg F even though CHT1 (front left cylinder) seems to be
reading normally at around 175 deg F (from memory). Both EGT's are
behaving as expected. I will have to check my crimps as I suspect a
dodgy connection for that one.

Any clues or things to check out would be appreciated.

Regards,
Martin Tuck
Europa N152MT
Wichita, Kansas