Europa-List: High temp epoxy

Subject: Europa-List: High temp epoxy
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:34:41
Greetings team,

FWIW, my Ximango has shrouds on the cylinder barrels. Air is fed to them by
a single, 3" opening at the front of the cowl that is loosely fit into 4" SCAT

 tubing connected to the shrouds. For those who've never seen one of these
Ximango's up close, the cowls are fitted much more tightly than any other  9XX

I've ever seen. The installed shrouds, whether done by Aeromot or  Rotax, (I'm

not sure which) are tan in color and they smell like  plain old polyester
resin when they get warm.

I flew the Ximango a bunch last summer, i.e., over 130 hours, when our
ambient temps were touching 105F every day and the engine always ran  cool.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

John  Lawton
Whitwell, TN (TN89)