Europa-List: Door Latches

Subject: Europa-List: Door Latches
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 02:31:10

Regarding the door latch; I choose not to offset it.  There is plenty of
clearance
between the latch and plexi without the offset.  Furthermore, without the
offset there is next to nil of a chance that you will accidentally open the door
in flight.  I tapped the small hole used for mounting a handle and threaded
a stainless hex cap screw for looks instead of a bulky handle which might
possible
catch on a sleeve, etc.  Also, I did not install a protective cover. BTW
I have over 500 hours logged over the last 5 years and have never had a close
call with the latches. Good luck.

Erich Trombley
N28ET
Classic Mono 914

Click to find local singles for dating, romance and fun.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iif6R8dLACUFk6odZTlFZgReFKMgMUCUQt8007JkppEjncA04/