Re: Europa-List: Dynon Angle of Attack probe

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dynon Angle of Attack probe
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:14:47
William-

Sorry, forgot to mention the static port.  I plan to use the static port from
the
Europa ASI for both.  I have both the Europa ASI and the Dynon.  I will use
the Europa for the steam gauge and the Dynon probe for the Dynon.I mounted the
Getz base forward of the Europa ASI against the spar.  I used an aluminum plate
provided by Getz and reinforced it with 2 layers of BID  about 8 X 12 inches
about and 1/8 inch plywood the size of the plate.

Jim Puglise A-283.

From: William Harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>

> Hi
>
> Does anyone have experience of fitting a Dynon Angle of attack probe
> to a Europa, if so what was involved? In particular, the structural
> mounting and the arrangements for a static port?
>
> Does anyone know if the PFA/LAA have approved a mod for the Dynon probe?
>
> If not Dynon, what is the best bet for AOA measurement?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Willie Harrison - kit 401/G-BZNY

<DIV>William-</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sorry, forgot to mention the static port.&nbsp; I plan to use the static
port
---From the Europa ASI for both.&nbsp; I have both the Europa ASI and the
Dynon.&nbsp;
I will use the Europa for the steam gauge and the Dynon probe for the
Dynon.I mounted the Getz base forward of the Europa ASI against the spar.&nbsp;
I used an aluminum plate provided by Getz and reinforced it with 2 layers
of BID&nbsp; about 8 X 12 inches about and 1/8 inch plywood the size of the
plate.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim Puglise A-283.&nbsp; &nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 gator