Re: Europa-List: Dynon Angle of Attack probe

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dynon Angle of Attack probe
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:06:35
William-

I fitted one and am just about to close the wings.  If you need photos I have
them.
I used the Getz base unit mounted in the wing and the probe slides onto
the Getz base.  Buying both the probe and the Getz base gets a little expensive,
but it seems to work just fine.

Jim Puglise A-283

From: William Harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>

> Hi
>
> Does anyone have experience of fitting a Dynon Angle of attack probe
> to a Europa, if so what was involved? In particular, the structural
> mounting and the arrangements for a static port?
>
> Does anyone know if the PFA/LAA have approved a mod for the Dynon probe?
>
> If not Dynon, what is the best bet for AOA measurement?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Willie Harrison - kit 401/G-BZNY

<DIV>William-</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I fitted one and am just about to close the wings.&nbsp; If you need photos
I have them.&nbsp; I used the Getz base unit mounted in the wing and the probe
slides onto the Getz base.&nbsp; Buying both the probe and the Getz base gets
a little expensive, but it seems to work just fine.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim Puglise A-283</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 gator