RE: Europa-List: Hirth h30 engines

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Hirth h30 engines
From: Richard Scanlan <avgashead@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 18:07:49

Craig,
If you're looking for an alternative to the Rotax, check out the UL260i. I
nearly bought one having followed the project from the off. Direct drive and
fuel injection. A friend down the road has one in his Escapade and it runs
very well and quietly, the only problem is prop speed and at 2750 rpm it
only hits 83Hp although this is accurate from dyno reading. Rotax tells us
the 912s is 100Hp but I've never heard of anyone dyno testing one out of the