Europa-List: Rotax 914 regulator mounting location

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax 914 regulator mounting location
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gotsky.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 05:59:20

I am trying to decide where to mount the regulator in my 914
installation. I hear these regulators fail if you draw more than 14 amps
or so, possibly due to heat? Mine will be used as a backup, switched
off, unless the IRalternator I have mounted on the vacpump pad fails.

Has anyone mounted it in the air intake area near the air filter? I am
thinking of bolting it to the passenger foot well front in the air
intake plenum. Seems like it would get cool air,and maybe some heat sink
advantage from contact with the aluminum CD6.

It would be easier to just put it on top of a foot well. Anyone have any
advice?

Thanks, Kevin