RE: Europa-List: Zaon and Mode S

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Zaon and Mode S
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:16:55
Hi David

If you were lucky enough to be in the US and had Mode S with say a
Garmin
430, then on screen 2 of the 430 you would have Traffic courtesy of the
Mode
S transponder.

It does not work in Europe as the ground based software is not loaded.
understand Garmin offered Eurocontrol to get it working for them.  On my
PA30 my 430 has a traffic screen display but it is dead.

Usual Europe it is all take money off you and insist you spend lots to
comply with their requirements - and of course they give nothing back!

Regards

Pete