Europa-List: Zaon and Mode S

Subject: Europa-List: Zaon and Mode S
From: David.Corbett <david.corbett5@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:50:42
Hello, Brian,

Thanks for your update about your Zaon; 2 questions from your e-mail:

1          The Zaon website quotes (re the MRX) ".displays range and
relative altitude." What about relative bearing - or do you have to look all
around you (at the specified relative altitude) to find the target?

2          I have been following the Mode S saga quite closely; I am aware
of the potential benefits of making sure that any Mode S unit you buy has
1090 mhz extended squitter (so that some day in the future you can link to
ADS-B) - but I had not heard of TIS uplink. Can you tell us, please, what
that does?

Many thanks,

David

G-BZAM