Europa-List: off topic - things to come

Subject: Europa-List: off topic - things to come
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:17:15
There's a hydrogen (fuel cell; no combustion) powered ducted fan in our
future...zero carbon footprint...we live in interesting times.

Fred

'The HyFish is only possible as an unmanned aircraft right now,'
explains Koni Schafroth, who runs the project's Swiss design company
Smartfish. 'The hydrogen cell technology is probably unable to support
commercial flight by itself, although it could be used for drones and
spotter planes. You could combine the cell power with conventional
flight technology to create a two-man aircraft that should use less
fuel than a car while still reaching around 900km per hour,' he adds.
'And that is what we are developing at the moment.'

(excerpt from:
www.wallpaper.com/technology/hyfish-hydrogenpowered-jet/1831)

watch the video at: www.horizonfuelcell.com/UAV.htm
--