Europa-List: Digital scales Vs. balance vs. resin pumps

Subject: Europa-List: Digital scales Vs. balance vs. resin pumps
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:31:57

        Just as an aside, I used the digital scales which permitted me
errors up to less than 1% all of the time and generally less than 0.1% most
of the time.
        Aside from large (cup-sized) mixes requiring quick application in
quantity, I used the Kodak style 35mm film containers available as
throw-aways at the photo shop. Besides giving me constant tare weights, they
were ideal for small to medium mixes and proved the mix had hardened where
applied, and produced samples of each application should the inspector want
samples.
        Because of their material, they could be pried out when cured and
used again. Almost exclusively, they weighted 4.2g.
Cheers,
Ferg
914 mono CS prop