Europa-List: Epoxy Measuring - Balances vs Digital Scale vs Ratio Pump

Subject: Europa-List: Epoxy Measuring - Balances vs Digital Scale vs Ratio Pump
From: Roger Lowe <rlowe@speedway.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 04:53:09

Hi, I've purchased a partially complete Europa a little over a year ago and had
to put it storage until my garage/workshop was re-vamped in order to build the
kit. It is now to a point to where I can start moving my kit into it and start
working on it.

I have question about the different devices used to measure the epoxy and
wondering
what most builders have done in the past. The cheapest of course is to make
the Europa mechanical balance which should be no problem (is it quick and easy
to use during a layup?) but I'm leaning towards either a Ohaus / Sartorius
digital scale with a resolution of 0.01gm (do I need that much precision or can
I get away with a lower cost 0.1gm unit?) OR a ratio pump like a Glenmarc
Portionator
MBT-JR from A/S which is the most expensive of the all the options
(is it worth the cost for ease of use?).

I live in Canada so I will be using Aeropoxy resin (100:27 by weight or 3 to 1
by volume).

I would appreciable any feedback/experience that you have that would help me
make
up my mind!

Thanks, Roger

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org