Re: Europa-List: Engine Bay wiring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Engine Bay wiring
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:52:19

Fergus Kyle a crit :
> I can find a replacement for the cable which says "90C".

Ferg,

If you happen to use a 914 engine, remember that *much* heat is
generated under the cowl.
Even with a correctlly cowled non-turbo engine, temperatures well in
excess of 100 C can be reached at some places. By "correctly cowled "I
mean "tightly cowled", as should be any slick aircraft engine.

I personnally would not use anything but Tefzel in the engine bay. Max
temperature is 150 C. As the different sensors are in different places,
no problem with neatly bundling up the individual wires from the engine
up to the firewall. Do not use ordinary Ti-wraps, though.

Best regards,
--
Gilles Thesee
http://contrails.free.fr