Europa-List: tailcone access panels

Subject: Europa-List: tailcone access panels
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:22:22

All.

I note the plans calling for two 4" dia. access panels and one 2.5"
dia. viewing panel on the starboard side of the fin and tailcone. I
can't help but wonder about the adequacy of these and I seem to recall
some discussion on this.

How about increasing that viewing panel to 4" in order to be able to
replace the trim servo?

Does anyone wish they had added other panels due to maintenance, part
replacement issues?

Assuming that the 4" size is a limitation due to structural
considerations, has anyone taken a leap of faith and made the holes
larger and added say 2 additional layers of bid to the flange thickness?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions...

Fred
A194

--
believed to be clean.