Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 electronic noise

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 electronic noise
From: Jan de Jong <jan.de.jong@xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:24:08

Hallo Richard,
Forget about the capacitor. At 14 volts it can only hold 14 x 0,022 =0,3
Coulombs. A 10A source charges it in  0,3 / 10= 0,03 seconds.
Your only large "capacitor" is the battery. If might support a 10A
charging current for a little while, drawing down the bus voltage, but
12V seems low.
Regards,
Jan de Jong