Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 electronic noise

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 electronic noise
From: Richard Lamprey <lamprey@infocom.co.ug>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:11:49
Thanks Craig and Mike for your inputs.  I have limited knowledge of
electrics, but my thoughts about the sudden jump from 12 V to 14 Volt
are that after startup the vast 22,000 microfarad capacitor is soaking
up voltage until it has reached full capacitance; only after full
capacity is reached, the system achieves the full 14 Volts, and the
sudden jump occurs.  If the engine has been run in the last couple of
days, the system reaches 14 Volts immediately, since the capacitor has
not in the short time 'bled' its charge.  The delay and jump only occur
after the system has sat without running for a long while.

The same applies to the mysterious noise, ie doesnt occur after recent
running... but I will apply my stethoscope to the regulator to see if
thats the source.

Yes weather here is fine, lovely sunshine all day!  But the politics and
post election violence has been disastrous for the country (as you may
have seen on TV).

Regards to all
Richard