Re: Europa-List: next antenna problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: next antenna problem
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:46:41

Paul, At the Glos strut last night the EC rep said that the CAA are having
serious second thoughts about the mode S introduction rules, and that there
is the likelihood that those with existing mode C will be allowed to carry
on flying outside high grade airspace for some years to come. There was also
thought to be the possibility of similar 'grandfather rights ' being
extended to those builders who have already bought a mode C transponder. The
downside is that you might not be able to fly to a number of European
countries. When I got my Garmin 328  mode S, I was told it could simply use
my existing aerial.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ