Re: Europa-List: Avmap EKP 1V sat nav and Navaid AP 1 Autopilot

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Avmap EKP 1V sat nav and Navaid AP 1 Autopilot
From: Duncan & Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:21:07

Have you checked that the NMEA strings contain all of the required data?
The NMEA protocol allows data elements to be missing, so long as the comma
separators are still present (so that the absence of the data can be
identified).

So, for example, the cross track error data can be omitted, but the rest of
the sentence is still useable. But I wouldn't have expected this on an
aviation set.

Duncan McF.