Re: Europa-List: Grand Rapids EIS 2004 (Rotax)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Grand Rapids EIS 2004 (Rotax)
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 13:05:59

Hi Martin,

I have an EIS 4000, so some of my experience should translate.  I seem
to recall I used the GRT CHT sensors and placed them under the
existing Rotax sensors.  The Rotax CHT senors can be found under the
bottom of the cylinders and there are only two.  I would suggest that
you monitor the same two EHT temperatures as CHT sensors.

I suspect that in the case of the EIS 2004, it should simply work with
the existing Rotax CHT sensors.  For the oil temperature and pressure
I connected mine to the Rotax sensors and it worked fine.

On my 914 it has threaded receptacles on the exhaust pipes and I would
recommend that if you put the hose clip types on a 912 that they
should be roughly in the same position.  I think the 914 maintenance &
parts manual is online so you should be able to get a good idea from
there.

Regards,  Paul