Re: Europa-List: Grand Rapids EIS 2004 (Rotax)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Grand Rapids EIS 2004 (Rotax)
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 18:07:02

The positioning of the EGT probes is fairly critical if you want accurate
readings but ultimately it probably dosent matter as they are normally used
for comparative purposes (ie: left side vs right side). I believe the
measurements are given in the Rotax manual.

If you do fit them either fit both on front manifolds or both on rear (not
one on the front and one on the rear), otherwise you will get different
readings.

I think from memory the front cylinders run hotter than the rear ones but
you might check on this. Its best to fit to the hottest ones.

Mine are secured with jubilee clips (sensors poking inside the holes in the
manifolds).

My engine is a basic 912, not a 912 S.

Hope this helps.

Carl Pattinson