Re: Europa-List: Europaprecision?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europaprecision?
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 06:54:45

Those support pads that are  "called  for" are  indeed "extra" as they were
not in the original design and were put in as an afterthought when problems
started  coming about.  The tank I have is one of the later versions as the
replacement I  have is exactly the same.
Yes is  does get hot here, however this has happened to others  and it
seems issues point to the fact that this material  and the mounting design
don't lend themselves to having the  tank being emptied allowing it to dry
out and  have the material migrate.  The SOP with aircraft is to refuel
them before you put them away so this   We could do a scientific experiment
and have every one drain their tank and let them sit for six to 10 weeks
and find out what the failure rate is.  The issue is that this is an issue
and as I have noted another manufacturer has issued a warning about this
and  now this should be formally documented as a characteristic of the
aircraft.

I did think of  possibly molding a unit up from another material  as kevlar
or graphite however another individual mentioned that it would have to be
bolted or otherwise mounted securely mounted in  other than bonding.
However I hate  to act as a guinea pig on something that is not in
widespread use.  If I changed the mounting routine to something other than
bonding, the polyethelyne tank would probably be more than satisfactory and
that may be exactly what I do if the cost and logistics of  making an
aluminum tank become too onerous. I don't believe an aluminum tank would be
bonded in  either. I was sent a photo of  an aluminum tank.  I would very
much  like to know how it was  installed and  what kind of service it is
giving if  you are  out there listeninng?

Thanks,

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa AZ