Europa-List: uni straps at wing root

Subject: Europa-List: uni straps at wing root
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:22:10

I've almost finished (well, apart from finishing & painting, of
course) my first wing.

I've done the UNI straps on the upper surface at the root, but when I
turned it over and started marking out to do the ones on the bottom,
I found that the aft end of the UNI overlaps the W18 flap bracket.
There's no mention of this in the manual.

I assume that it just needs the end of the longest UNI ply to be slit
and fitted each side of the W18, but I thought I'd better check first
in case something more clever is needed. However, when I phoned a few
minutes ago I found the factory has already gone off for the weekend.

Has anyone else got any factory advice about this?

regards

Rowland