Re: Europa-List: secondary fuel pump

Subject: Re: Europa-List: secondary fuel pump
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:50:59

Folks,
Graham complained about flying scarobatics with a Europa. I wish i could think
of a word so nicely describing this and some other threads on the forum.
That said, it still is a good thing to use all available brain power to think of
possible failures and ways to prevent them. The last time i looked was fuel
starvation number one on the list of accidents in GA. In more then 50 % of these
cases, the tank was empty.
Which makes me strongly believe that the worst component of all is us, the
pilot.
Consequently, i would prefer to check my own check valves for leaking or
blocking.
Using check lists is one method. Not flying while not in condition is
another. Wish there was a pass/no pass button :-)

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org