Europa-List: secondary fuel pump

Subject: Europa-List: secondary fuel pump
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:24:11

Ron,
        I agree with you that if a pump fails, and its attendant bypass
valve sticks shut, then no fuel will emerge. Or if both pumps fail, no fuel
will emerge. Other than that perhaps my comprehension is low, but it seems
to me that a double failure has occurred - and the odds exceed those of
cardiac arrest.
        Can we not start on one pump, and taxi on the other, to prove a safe
system to begin with? That would reduce the odds of a double failure if we
don't start out with one to begin with........  Where have I gone wrong?
Cheers,ferg