Re: Europa-List: Shoulder harness restraint

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Shoulder harness restraint
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 22:01:36

Fred,

Ingenious with respect to structure and "hinging out of the way", but:

Do you see a risk in the harnesses cutting into each side of your neck when
under significant tension, since the two harness parts are restrained in the
center just behind the neck?  The normal spread angle between the two parts
(supposedly comfortably snug on each side of the neck during normal flight)
will tend to narrow under tension, will it not?

Best regards,
Svein
LN-SKJ