Europa-List: Re: Ground switch

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Ground switch
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 12:12:02

> Any good idea welcome.

Well, as I mentioned in an email to Alfred, I can't offer a ground switch but I
am working on a new product which is simply an easily configurable airspeed
monitor
which you could use to enable a transponder as you pass 40 kts (or whatever).

It has 4 outputs which can be used to drive indicators or other systems. Each
output
can be configured to go active when the airspeed is below some threshold,
above a threshold or in a band. It also has 3 inputs which can be used to
disable
the outputs (undercarriage switch). Oh and it also has an analogue output
driven from the airspeed. It has no controls, configuration is done by plugging
the box into a USB port of your PC/laptop (unit doesn't need to be installed
in aircraft to configure) and running a program that let's you set up the
thresholds,
switches, etc.

It could be used for undercarriage warning, flap warning, transponder enabling,
flying hours counter enabling, etc.

It's not quite ready for manufacture, but won't be long now.

Price is not yet determined but it should be around the 100 GBP mark
(+VAT/delivery).

It will be available at www.smartavionics.com sometime in January 2008.

Cheers,

Mark