RE: Europa-List: Fuel Joints

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fuel Joints
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:54:45

Hi! Richard
You will find that they are tapered threads which are meant to be dry
assembled, PTFE tape is notoriously dangerous for contaminating the fuel
system no matter how carefully used. I actually use just a slight
"smidge" of Hilomar jointing compound but only to stop the grinding
feeling as the unions are tightened.
Regards
Bob Harrison.G-PTAG