RE: Europa-List: A few curiosity questions

Subject: RE: Europa-List: A few curiosity questions
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:55:19

Hi Bob

"I would expect the trike would handle up to 60kts without much question,
it has directional control with the differential braking. You need to be
very much able to anticipate the adverse torque effect of the prop and
engine though, ie:- hard right rudder would be needed as if with wings. Of
course you would need a very long runway on which to accelerate then
brake. The friction damper on the nose leg would need to be right "on
song" too."

Thx. for the reply.

I would expect about the same of the Trigear. Did you ever run yours
without wings on?

I had a I-80 Kasperwing motorglider, and without the wing and associated
inertia, it became less directional stable at a lesser speed than with
wing.

Ron P.