RE: Europa-List: Europa Owners in Central Florida

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa Owners in Central Florida
From: Peter Jeffers <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:57:43
Hi Jim,

Wow, a bit of a scare on the boat.  However we are really pleased it
turned
out to be something easily explainable if not so forgivable.  We both
hope
that no damage was sustained in its loose meanderings. If not then it
proves
how easy it is to get undocked!!

We had no knowledge of the Alligator Alley closure.  We drove down
toward
Naples and made good time so decided to follow the 41 to Miami instead.
We
have always enjoyed that route better than the highway.  I am not even
sure
that it takes any longer either (at least in daylight).   We had a good
flight home (First Class) and were met at Heathrow by Helen.  Somewhat
predictably the weather here is horrible, cold, misty, grey and gloomy.
We
have already had an inch of rain since our return.

One glitch on our way home was losing one of our bags on the Alamo bus.
As
usual being rushed off by the driver managed to leave one bag on board.
Alamo of course have not found it so I guess we have to consider it
gone.
Not too much of value in it fortunately but we will miss some of the
little
Christmas presents we bought and all of Sue=92s cross stitching.

I guess it is part of the cost of six weeks fun and relaxation.  Today
Sue
has spent her time sorting the mess made by an invasion of mice during
our
absence.  I had to dismantle clean and re assemble the furnace since the
air
supply to the burner had been blocked by another mouse nest.
Urghhhhhhhh!!!

Many thanks again for your hospitality and look forward to hearing of
your
Europa progress.

Pete & Sue

   _____