Europa-List: Re: RE Throttle Cables

Subject: Europa-List: Re: RE Throttle Cables
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 06:53:29

Hi Troy,

We tried to find piano wire to fit in the Europa supplied housings but were
unable
to make that work. We purchased piano wire from McMaster but it comes rolled
in a 6" diameter coil and we were unable to get the wire straight enough to
work in the housings.

So we purchased Bouden cables from ACS, PN 05-15500. To connect to the carbs &
throttle housing we used conduit adjusters from Lockwood PN BR03K. Had to drill
them out to fit the ACS cable but the system works very nicely. Also lubed the
Bouden cable assemblies with graphite lube.

Eric Trombley had a post on the forum several years ago on how he did this.

Jim & Heather Butcher

Read this topic online here: