Re: Europa-List: Smooth Prop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Smooth Prop
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 22:42:04

Mark
That's encouraging news. imho the Arplast prop blades are very good, Not
too stiff so they don't rattle like Warps do and plenty of area near the
root to help cooling at low speeds.
I have always wondered about residual vibration, you can never tell if
it is due to some criterion that cannot be balanced out. Good to have
cinfirmation that it can!
Graham

Mark Burton wrote:

> Howdy folks,
>
> Not much happening on the list these days so here's something to ponder.
>
> Today, I went to the airfield to dynamically balance an Arplast PV50 prop
> fitted
to a Rotax 912S on a Kitfox.

> Without adding any weights, it measured 0.02 IPS vibration which is an
> extremely
good result - I thought for a 912S, absolutely outstanding. The carbs had
recently been balanced by Adrian at Shobdon and they must be spot on.

> I was so impressed, I blagged a ride in the Kitfox to see what it was like in
the air and, no kidding, if you put your hand on the instrument panel or
structure,
you could not feel any vibration at all - it was uncanny.

> The point of this story is that it is possible to achieve no perceptable prop
vibration on a 912S. So, if you can feel vibration, something isn't right.

--
Graham Singleton

Tel: +441629820187
Mob: +447739582005