Europa-List: Smooth Prop

Subject: Europa-List: Smooth Prop
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:48:34

Howdy folks,

Not much happening on the list these days so here's something to ponder.

Today, I went to the airfield to dynamically balance an Arplast PV50 prop fitted
to a Rotax 912S on a Kitfox.

Without adding any weights, it measured 0.02 IPS vibration which is an extremely
good result - I thought for a 912S, absolutely outstanding. The carbs had
recently
been balanced by Adrian at Shobdon and they must be spot on.

I was so impressed, I blagged a ride in the Kitfox to see what it was like in
the
air and, no kidding, if you put your hand on the instrument panel or structure,
you could not feel any vibration at all - it was uncanny.

The point of this story is that it is possible to achieve no perceptable prop
vibration
on a 912S. So, if you can feel vibration, something isn't right.

Cheers,

Mark

Read this topic online here: