RE: Europa-List: Jabiru 3300 cooling

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Jabiru 3300 cooling
From: Al Stills <astills@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:58:47
Chuck,

I'm pretty sure the Jabiru engines above 960 have the added fins and
Hydraulic lifters. Mine is in the 760's and with Andy's Europa cowl and a
lot of tinkering with the

airflow cools just fine. I did a little trip around the pattern today 85
deg's F , high rear cylinder in climb -321 Degs. Level out and all balanced
out at 300 or less. Oil temp was

well within limits. It's taken me about 6 months of adjusting to get to
these figures so it does take some tinkering but is doable and flyable. I'll
have to wait for another

hot day here in Phoenix to see how it does. BTW my cooling problems have
been mostly on taxi, and I got to 300 on taxi today. Only had about a 10 min
hold before

taking off.

Al Stills

N625AZ