Europa-List: Re: motorglider V-speeds and registration

Subject: Europa-List: Re: motorglider V-speeds and registration
From: h&amp;jeuropa <europa@triton.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 05:47:46

Terry,

You wrote, "If I lose my airplane medical and continue flying as a self launched
glider pilot, can I then fly the long wing Europa AIRPLANE legally?"

The answer is NO.  To operate without a medical your Europa must be registered
as a motorglider and have the long wings fitted.

A pilot with ASEL (and no self launch glider rating) can only operate a Europa
with the long wings fitted if the Op Lim does not specify the two
configurations.
But then he must have a Medical.

Certainly the motorglider configuration is a nice airplane with the engine
running
- John Hurst preferred that for long cross country flights!

Jim Butcher

Read this topic online here: