Europa-List: Europa Fit Test trip report

Subject: Europa-List: Europa Fit Test trip report
From: Richard Pottorff <RichardPottorff@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:58:52
Hi All,

Martin, who lives in Wichita bases his Europa in an Augusta Municipal
Airport hangar. He was good enough to let me sit in his plane this
afternoon. It is very nicely done, and I appreciated the opportunity. I
was looking forward to fitting into it.

Unfortunately, I didn't fit. I'm giving my measurements so others can
judge accordingly. I'm 6'3", 210 lbs. I have a 44 inch chest and 34 inch
inseam. I also have broad shoulders.

I needed 4 more inches of headroom, 4 more inches of leg room, and 4
more inches on each side of the cabin (so it would be symmetrical) of
shoulder room. There are semi-easy fixes for the head and leg room
issues, but not so easy for the shoulder room issues.

In summary, I like the plane, its specifications, and the quick
assembly/disassembly features, but I don't fit so I need to keep
looking.

Thanks again Martin.

CAVCU all,

Rick