Europa-List: Locktite grades (Was Tail plane torque tube installation)

Subject: Europa-List: Locktite grades (Was Tail plane torque tube installation)
From: Gerry Cole <gccole13@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 16:06:40

I've found information on all the Loctite adhesives on
www.bearingboys.co.uk/Buy-Loctite.
 Loctite 603 is a low viscosity, fast curing, oil tolerant adhesive used for
bonding
rigid metal
assemblies. Ideal for gap distances up to 0.2mm (8 thou) .... it easily joins
dissimilar
metals
Loctite 243 is a removable strength, general-purpose threadlocking
adhesive......
Loctite 638 is a maximum strength retaining compound. Used where high dynamic
forces
or cyclic
thou) radial
clearance.
    There is information on the site for all the other loctite adhesives but I
think this is an
area where we need to stick with Europa's specifications.

Gerry Cole (europa 121)