Europa-List: Fuel sight gauges

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel sight gauges
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:21:40

All,

I forward the following from Vance Atkinson for general information:

Fred Klein wrote:

> Hi Vance,
>
> I understand from the Europa grapevine that you will sell your
> proprietary float balls separately from your complete sight gauge
> kits. If this is so, I am looking for float balls suitable for 1/4"
> i.d. polyurethane tubing and, if you have a larger size, suitable for
> clear PVC pipe w/ 0.33" i.d. (sold by ACS as P/N 03-54100, Quickie
> sight gauge). Please let me know costs and means of getting payment to
> you; I do not use paypal and would prefer sending you a check or m.o.
>
> Also, I'd be most appreciative if you can verify that these float
> balls and their finish will NOT deteriorate when using mogas.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred

I have 3mm  4mm and 6mm  at $5.00 each.... they were fine in auto gas
but now the oil companies are putting all kinds of stuff in there so
you are on your own..   On a brighter note, all the EZs that are
running auto gas have not had any problems with the floats..  I have a
test case at 5 yrs with auto fuel and no sign of degradation  (thats
auto fuel 5 yrs old, not the new stuff) .    They are made of cork.  Av
gas is of course good to go.
My new web site for the gauges I make is  www.atkinsonfuelgauges.com
if you want to spread that around or need some info about them.

You can send me a check;

vance atkinson
3604 willomet ct
bedford TX 76021