Europa-List: Re: Europa: Rough River Fly-in

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa: Rough River Fly-in
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 20:06:11

HI All,
I just returned from the 1st annual Europa fly in at Rough River
Kentucky. The weather was absolutely perfect once there. I like most
had to deal with some haze & clouds while flying there and back but it
was nothing that a nice climb to 8500 didn't cure.  I'm sorry I don't
remember his name, but to quote one attending Europa builders words.
This is "the best dam Fly-In he has ever attended" and I couldn't agree
more. It was most fun giving Europa rides to those that are in the
middle of building. I hope it helped in motivating your project along.
Flying over the Kentucky landscape and Rough River was great and seeing
the Europa grin on my passengers was even better. Of course you guys
know who you are and our deal was a ride for some of the photos you
shot ;0) Looking forward to seeing some of them posted here and to
having some sent to me.  Our attempted Europa formation Fly by was
hilarious and also fun. Maybe we'll get it right next year. I believe
everyone there was unanimous in returning next year to an even bigger
event. It's just flat out... a perfect place to do it.  I would like to
thank Jeff / Baby Blue and Paul McAlester / Lightning Strike, (Sorry
Paul... I couldn't resist) for putting this event together and to John
Lawton for his talk on finishing and buffing.
Best Regards,
Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush
Looking forward to next year and I promise to bring more beer.