Europa-List: Fuel tank leak

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel tank leak
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:11:40
For those of you who replied on your experiences in swapping out the tank in the
fully built plane, thanks a bunch it has driven me to not dred the  job.  I
am one of those guys who goes with the adage of "well if those guys can do it
I certainly can".  Jim B I will probably give you a call to get some more detail
on the joint you described with the "recess".  If anyone else can expand on
the joint that gets the mess together in a structurally sound manner please
do so.

Now for the real question.  Ever since Europa Lakeland went away with John Hurst
I had blown off the idea of getting OEM parts and just figured I would fab every
thing myself.  A fuel tank would be kind of tricky, though I do have a buddy
who is a real artist when it comes to welding aluminum (or aluninium for you
other guys).  Has anyone done this? Making the seat back 2  to 3 inches higher
with a higher tank would give better back support with an increase in capacity.

 In any case does the tank have to be ordered from the UK or is Custom Flight
Creations
down in Florida actively selling parts and aircraft?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Hagar
hagargs@earthlink.net