Europa-List: More Mod Talk

Subject: Europa-List: More Mod Talk
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 22:17:56

I am considering doing Mod 52 and Mod 74 in conjuction with each other. I
figure someday someone will ask if I have all the Mandatory Mods done.
I found out from Roger Bull that if you don't put the MAUW 1370 fuselage
sockets on at the same time as you do mod 74, you would have to go BACK into
the wing again to adjust the wing lift pins if you wanted to incorporate the
rest of  Mod 52 at a later date. I had thought I could just put the tie bar
in only with the existing fuselage sockets and the new mod  74 pins and
retro fit the rest of Mod 52 later. (Or at least that's what I understood in
a phone conversation today with him.)
So here I am in the middle of painting it and now taking it back apart!!

What are the rest of you classic foam wing guys here in the states going to
do about these mods?

What if someday I need to do a trigear conversion. Will having the tiebar in
the baggage area hinder the installation of the trigear legs to a great
degree?

Troy Maynor
N120EU Europa Monowheel Classic
Left to finish:
Paint,(some) interior,engine install, (some) wiring.
Weaverville, NC USA