RE: Europa-List: Exhaust Manifold Coatings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Exhaust Manifold Coatings
From: Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:44:44
John

I saw an entire 912 exhaust system coated by Jethot when I attended the
Rotax maintenance class in Canada. They claim it reduces heat under the
cowling but they don't necessarily advocate its use... I don't know all the
facts but it does look very nice and it may help with the overall cooling
issues. Check Jethot website they have some interesting claims. In order for
the extra cooling to be effective the inside of the exhaust is also coated
which brings up the concern of material flaking off which would not be good
for the 914 turbo blades! I decided against it for that reason but 912 guys
might benefit from it.

Jerry

  _____