Europa-List: Request for information - play in tailplane drive - Loctite

Subject: Europa-List: Request for information - play in tailplane drive - Loctite
From: Roger Bull <roger@middlecave.plus.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:05:57
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:07:44 +0100

  As part of the ongoing investigation into play in the tailplane drive
line, we at E04 have carried out testing on a sample torque tube and TP9,
using Loctite.  We tested 638 and 603; in each of 3 cases the TP9 buckled
but the Loctite held.

  To enable us to extend the work we should be most grateful if those
builders who have used Loctite in this application would let me know how
many hours they have flown since applying the Loctite, and if there had ever
been any breakdown of the bond.   If possible it would also be helpful to
know how many landings since the application.

  Please send any replies to my work e-mail roger@europa-aircraft.com

  Many thsnks.

  Roger