RE: Europa-List: Dynon

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Dynon
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:23:33

>> Is this code going to be transferable to others fitting the D180 and
other
Dynons please?

Yes. Anyone with one of my existing fuel senders can get their chips
upgraded to include this new code. The circuit diagram for my sender as
supplied already incorporates the necessary 0-5v output that the Dynon
EMS requires.

I've got a few more little tweaks I want to do with the code before I'll
be happy to release it as I need to introduce some hysteresis into the
raw voltage output to prevent the display bouncing up and down when you
hit a bump! I incorporated that function into the bar graph display
output on the existing devices but never bothered about including it
into the raw voltage output.

I have already been asked if the capacitance gauge emulation will
include linearization of the Europa tank shape and the answer is no. The
Dynon's fuel gauge calibration process effectively linearises the tank
measurements so there is no need to include that in the sender.

Regards

Tony