Europa-List: Mod 73

Subject: Europa-List: Mod 73
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:22:19

Just to add to what David Corbett has said about the practicalities: I
brought my tail planes back to my workshop and used a piece of plumbing
waste pipe, and a vacuum cleaner extension pipe which both needed building
up to a tight fit using PVC tape on one side and duct tape covered with
smooth parcel tape on the other side, both covered liberally with grease,
but without cling film or any extra release agent. The mod part 1 took about
90 mins and seemed straightforward with the hole dimensions OK and both TP6s
solidly bonded. The pipes came out with the sort of twisting force you can
readily apply by hand.
           For those who don't want to wait for self adhesive labels, I
experimented with putting a single layer of bid over the required placard,
simply photocopied onto ordinary paper. It has set solidly in legible state
without any blurring of the lettering Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ